Thursday, December 09, 2010

Little Man

So - December 1 was my due date. My how time flies! It seems like just yesterday (or okay, 3+ months ago) that I was posting about the fact that I was pregnant and expecting a boy.

Not that it even counts that I have a blog any more, as every post I write or even imagine writing must acknowledge the complete lack of recent blogular activity. So consider this sentence an appropriate recognition of my complete failure to be an actual "blogger." I'm cool with that, but I still have this internet space in which to dump pictures of my new baby, so thanks for playing!

From Skywestern Crooked


His name is Wesley, which was my first choice all along and a name that my husband initially expressed total opposition to. "Wes is an asshole" I believe was his response to my "Wes is cool, man. He's probably in a band, or at least makes awesome mixtapes" rationale.

From Skywestern Crooked


I had finally worn him down and Wesley was one of our final choices. I managed to give birth without the benefit of drugs (not that impressive given the mere 2 1/2 hours of labor, really) and when we discussed it after he was born, K said it was entirely up to me. I am not sure that he gave over naming rights just because of the natural childbirth thing, but I'll take it. Wes it is! However, I keep calling him Wesley.

From Skywestern Crooked


Wesley spent some additional time in the hospital a few days after we came home - jaundice. But he's been a free man for nearly two weeks now, has figured out the whole nursing thing, and has enough meat on his little bones and cheeks on his face that his resemblance to Don Knotts has faded almost entirely.

From Skywestern Crooked


His older sister seems mostly fine with her new role as a big sister. She is constantly asserting her ownership of....anything she can name, really. HER baby brother, HER hat, HER paci, HER Daddy, Mama, nail clippers, car, ROCKER OMG! It's all "Cinda's" and must be recognized as such. She is learning to give kisses, be gentle, and share - big lessons for a little person.

From Skywestern Crooked


From Skywestern Crooked



Motherhood this time around is yet another new experience. It's shocking how much we've forgotten about caring for a tiny baby - particularly how damn TINY babies really are when they emerge into the world. It is nice to get to know a baby without having to simultaneously figure out a new role for myself. I'm already Mama, I just have another person to be a mama to. So far that's easier than learning to be a Mama for the first time.

From Skywestern Crooked

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations :) You're so blessed with a beautiful little girl and baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. alejandra mielke11:55 PM

    So beautiful.. Santiago's due date was also December 1st but he was born a week late. And Santiago was my first and only choice for his name... Sometimes it just feels right, right?

    ReplyDelete